March 29, 2024, 03:05:27 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Squid POP3 & SMTP  (Read 5439 times)

Offline arshadmqureshi

Squid POP3 & SMTP
« on: December 02, 2004, 01:23:27 PM »
I am running SQUID Proxy on Redhat Linux Advanced Server. But I am unable to get my POP3 mails through Outlook Express on my Client machine, which is having Win2000 and also windows XP profession. Which Port are used for connecting to POP3 & SMTP mail server? What is the configuration for it(on Linux & Windows). Pleas help me

Thanks & Regards

Arshad

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Squid POP3 & SMTP
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 05:21:54 PM »
Well..

This is the problem with SQUID that you get problem in access outlook through it.  the ports you are asking for are port 25 and 110

YOu can either do port forwarding for those or can use Transparent squid . See the tutorial section.

Offline arshadmqureshi

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 03:47:57 AM »
Thank you! ricky but tell me how can i make the squid transpernt write to me the configuration for transparent and also tell how can i get the tutorial

Thank you!
Arshad

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Squid POP3 & SMTP
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 06:13:23 AM »
You can find the tutorial here..

Transparent Squid Proxy

Offline arshadmqureshi

problem with Microsoft Outlook
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 06:46:40 AM »
hi

i configure squid and it running fine my client brwsing and also recieving email throuh Outlook Express , but some of my clients r u using Microsoft Outlook 2003 for the pop3 emails but they are trying to send or recieve emails thay got erorr , but with outlook express it works fine , so plz hel me to resolve the problem with Microsoft Outlook 2003

Thank you!

Arshad