March 28, 2024, 02:15:43 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Files  (Read 7016 times)

Offline po_white_trash

• Linux Noob !
Files
« on: November 24, 2003, 05:43:29 PM »
I think i got a pretty good newbie qeustion.............I c all this talk about linux can read and right from and to a FAT32 but i havent seen anybody say how u do it i deul boot(becuz i share my puter)and the time that i been on linux i cant get my files (music,movies,etc......)

Offline dalek

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
Files
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 01:04:58 AM »
I think I got what you are saying.  You can dual boot Linux and windoze and share files.  NTFS is a bit risky but it is getting much better.  Redhat does have the support so it will be available to the other distros soon.

You can access windoze from Linux but I don't think windoze will access Linux.

That answer your question?

Later

:D  :D  :D  :D

Offline neo

• Linux Learner
    • http://www.investorsgain.com
Files
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 09:15:17 AM »
u can use us windoze drives by mounting it. The easiiest way to mount is by using the command
Code: [Select]
mount <dev> <mount point>the <dev> will be /dev/hda1 if ur windoze is in first partition of ur hdd which is a primary master
<mount point> will be the directory where it will mount . i make it /mnt/c as my mount point u may also create one.
instead u may put all these commands in /etc/fstab.
if u have windoze 2000 of xp u may be having an ntfs partition for this u may have to recompile the kernel and select the ntfs partitions or instead make a module ntfs.o and put it in ur running kernel and follow the same steps as above

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Files
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 10:45:56 AM »
Hi guys.. i have given a script to mount win partitions automatically ... See in how to...