March 28, 2024, 09:42:04 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Quota issue on user belongs to multiple Group  (Read 4248 times)

Offline sunnysthakur

• Linux Noob !
Quota issue on user belongs to multiple Group
« on: June 27, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »
I have setup a group quota for better disk usage.
What i am doing is to setup a quota with Samba share. I created user1,user2 and group project1 which belongs to /home/project1 dir. Quota is implemented on project1 group to write 100 MB on this share and This is working fine if a user1 and user2 which are belonging to project1 group under /home/project1. They can not write up to 100 MB on this share.

But the challenge is this when i am going to create another group project2 and created users user4 and user5 which belongs to this group and having home directory /home/project2 and samba share is created to access this.
This group is allocated 10 MB to write and user can't write up to 10 MB using samba share. Now the issue is when i assigned user4 to project1 as secondary group so they he can access/write on project1 share as well, he is accessing this share with only 10 MB limit where 100MB quota is assigned on this group.

My question is this, is there any way that a user which belongs to multi group [project1 and project2 and so on] he can write on these share as per the assigned quota on to these shares.