April 29, 2024, 05:31:54 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Squid Dump  (Read 3767 times)

Offline stephen

• Linux Learner
Squid Dump
« on: September 19, 2005, 09:35:32 AM »
Dear all,

One of our Client having Redhat Linux 9 Professional as a squid proxy server.For the few days,the log files of the squid is rapidly increasing and it halt the squid proxy.

If i remove the cache.log,store.log and access.log then i restart the squid service,the proxy is working again.After removal the access.log and cache.log are shown as 6MB ad 2MB.When edit the access.log file and it clearly shows there are two systems calling a one common website page for every second even the system is idle.

For Observation i put the system idle for two days the same problem happends.(i.e)After restarting the squid,the access.log,store.log and cache.log the size is rapidly increasing to 12MB,3MB and 11MB in 3 Hours.for the Past two days,we are removing the files and restarting the squid for every 3 Hours for normal operation.Why it is happening?

Thanks in Advance...

Stephen.J

Offline gauravbajaj

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
Squid Dump
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 09:07:04 AM »
May be your cache is less

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Squid Dump
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 05:24:34 AM »
temporarily you can have cronjob set to rotate squid log files ie creating new one and discarding the old one (renaming). You can set your squid to rotate files every five hr daily by following cron:
Code: [Select]

*  */5  *  *  *  root /path/to/squid -k rotate

And about your problem: I would like to see your last 15 lines of cache.log and also last 20 lines of your access.log .
Please post the data between [code] .... [/ code] tags !