March 28, 2024, 09:48:07 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: is there any thing in squid to stop popup  (Read 7110 times)

Offline tomamodi

• Linux Learner
is there any thing in squid to stop popup
« on: October 01, 2004, 03:52:38 PM »
now a days popup is perturbing  you open one url the rain of pages will open it naturally sucks the bandwith
there are softwares to stop this raining popups but need in every pc
? is there any thing  in squid to stop this popups
like this site if you open ten will autometicly come with it
www.6rb.com  open and select some singer (arabic)
www.salmiya.net (arabic)
same like this so many you click to close one other two will open
it is painfull disterbing and some time the ie hang with this

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 07:12:02 AM »
You can block anything you want. !! Squid has almost every thing you can think of ! well here in your case you need url_regex directive .. by this we set squid to not to load some urls which are containing few words.. like blocking ads you can block urls containing word "ads" this way you will save lots of bandwidth !

so correct way for doing is ..
Code: [Select]
acl filetype url_regex -i ads popups .mpg

don't have machine to test .. so there may be error .. verify them on your machine as not sure ..

Offline salvesatish

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 11:02:03 AM »
Have you checked SafeSquid?

SafeSquid is having a very good Pop-Up blocking feature.

Safesquid's popup blocking works by first inserting a javascript function named Antipopup, which does nothing. It then replaces
all javascript window opening functions with Antipopup, and then at the end of the Web page inserts another javascript function
also named Antipopup, which creates popup's. What this does is prevents any popup's that are loaded with the page, but allows
ones that are created afterwards as a result of clicking a link to work.

Happy Blocking........... :D

Offline dalek

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 10:21:40 PM »
I block some of mine with my hosts file.  Here is one line of it:

Code: [Select]
127.0.0.1    www.doubleclick.net
Anything that says go to doubleclick.net goes to 127.0.0.1 which is basically going nowhere.  Since it is done internally, usually by the kernel itself, it does it very fast even on a slower system.

I can paste mine but since we are in different countries it may not help very much.  

You can also install Mozilla, windoze or Linux version, which has adblock built in.  See a ad you want to block you just right click and then select adblock image, then select OK.  The ad should dissappear.  It will block them each time from then on.  Be carefull though.  It will block things other than ads if you tell it too.  My brother has a online game he plays and he accidentally blocked it.  You can go uner tools to unblock it though.

Hope one of those helps.

Later

:D :D :D :D :D