March 19, 2024, 04:52:55 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: New Operating System  (Read 10910 times)

Offline cyormoulpio

New Operating System
« on: December 10, 2014, 05:58:50 AM »
I am looking for someone to help me develop a new operating system, something that is not Windows, Mac or Linux but something new. the problems I see is Windows costs to much you cant modify it and has problems, mac is to constricting and expensive in both the OS and software as well it will only run on Apple hardware without modification. and Linux although it is free it lacks support and is simply not designed for a very basic user. (my opinion) I want something that is inexpensive, easy to use and well supported all in one. and i simply do not have the time or knowledge to do something like an operating system.

I would like to make two versions a basic version that would be free and a pro version that would cost anywhere from $5.00-$10.00 USD

If anyone is interested in helping please email me at:
cyormoulpio@dunflimblag.mailexpire.com

thanks

Offline dalek

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
Re: New Operating System
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:57:08 AM »
As someone who has dealt with all those OS's, I can tell you that you won't come up with anything simpler.  If you plan to make a desktop OS that is really simple, you won't have java, flash or anything which means most websites will be useless.  Java, flash and such requires a lot of a OS to be able to function. 

If I were you, I'd just find the simplest and easiest to maintain distro and use it.  Trying to invent a OS from scratch would take many many years and a lot of work.  It's not something one person or even a really small group of people can do. 

Just my thoughts.

Offline cyormoulpio

Re: New Operating System
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 07:18:20 AM »
As someone who has dealt with all those OS's, I can tell you that you won't come up with anything simpler.  If you plan to make a desktop OS that is really simple, you won't have java, flash or anything which means most websites will be useless.  Java, flash and such requires a lot of a OS to be able to function. 

If I were you, I'd just find the simplest and easiest to maintain distro and use it.  Trying to invent a OS from scratch would take many many years and a lot of work.  It's not something one person or even a really small group of people can do. 

Just my thoughts.

thanks I enjoy the feedback and your opinion