March 28, 2024, 08:18:38 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: what is webmin  (Read 10590 times)

Offline sathish

• Linux Learner
what is webmin
« on: March 18, 2004, 12:24:57 PM »
Hello Linux Team  

What is Webmin..    I have heard lot of times.. (webmin).. where can i found this package.. and what are to be installed, and what is the purpose of this package.. Please let me know...

Thank you,

Sathish

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
what is webmin
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 02:33:19 PM »
Webmin is a web based interface to configure your linux machine without knowing much about every individual program.  If webmin is installed and configured properly then it can be a GOD for u to administor Linux. You can download webmin in RPM and install it on just few clicks.. Find it on rpmfind.com also download it from here.. http://linux.tucows.com/adnload/10164_34674.html
After download open your web browser and open this location " https://localhost:10000" and without givin password press enters..
NOTE: webmin requires module configuration bfore using that module ie.. squid with webmin etc..

Offline dragoncity99

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
what is webmin
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 02:34:46 PM »
Hi there everyone, i think this is the place for me to put in my progress and results including my webmin usage experience. Well, it's a great tool, and it's very centralized control panel for linux. Thankx to the developers for their great contribution.

I have configured it to work with my webserver, hahaha it works so fine and so cool. Life is getting easier and easier nowadays.
I am now able to use it remotely from anywhere to configure my Linux Server. Cool ;)

Offline barnamos

• Linux Noob !
a little security suggestion
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 04:26:29 AM »
you might pop into the webmin configuration area and restrict the IPs that can get into webmin. Webmin rocks but could be devastating in the wrong hands.

just my 2 cents...