March 28, 2024, 11:27:15 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: mouse cursor appeared by shifting right by (~7-8)pixels  (Read 5048 times)

Offline suresh81

mouse cursor appeared by shifting right by (~7-8)pixels
« on: September 11, 2004, 01:04:16 PM »
Hi,

I am using Suse Linux 6.4, kernel 2.4.5 and XFree86 4.3.0 in my PIII machine. I am using xRDP client in my linux machine to connect to the Windows 2000 server.
          The problem i faced is the mouse cursor getting shifted horizontally right by several pixels ( ~7 or 8 pixels ).  For example, I connected to the Windows 2000 server using xRDP client and working in Word document. To access the File menu in word document, I have to place the cursor in Edit menu. Then only the focus has been set to File menu. Similarly, to access the Edit menu, i have to place the cursor in Insert menu. This happened in a random manner.  To get out of this problem i have to logoff my xRDP session and reboot my linux machine. I faced the same problem while working in the Desktop also.

I think it is a problem in the X. I am not familiar with Linux. Is there any setting available in X to avoid this problem. Kindly help me on this regard.

With Thanks & Regards,
<suresh>

Offline dalek

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
mouse cursor appeared by shifting right by (~7-8)pixels
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 06:34:50 AM »
You may want to see if that is a bug with xfree 4.3.0.  It may be fixed in a newer version.

That is one strange problem though.  I have never seen or heard of that one before.

This mod is clueless.

:D :D :D :D