May 02, 2024, 06:17:17 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: How to connect internet in Mandrak 10  (Read 5035 times)

Offline sevenzeros

• Linux Noob !
How to connect internet in Mandrak 10
« on: July 28, 2004, 03:57:42 AM »
i'm trying out MandrakeLinux 10 at the office.. how do i connect to the internet?

Offline dalek

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 04:05:11 AM »
How are you connected?  Broadband or dial-up?

:D :D :D

Offline sevenzeros

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 03:46:35 PM »
broadband.. thru a server.. hub?? well... the server is connected to the internet (broadband) and we're all connected to the server thru a hub.. oh.. and we're on a workgroup.. enuf info for u to help?

Offline dalek

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 09:50:37 PM »
You should be able to go through Mandrake config to set up the internet.  Sounds pretty basic.  I can't remember what it is called exactly.  I'll boot Mandrake and post back.  It is a GUI and it usually works like a champ.  I set up my dial-up connection that way.  I also setup a LAN that way.

I'll be back in a bit.

:D :D :D :D

Offline dalek

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 09:44:41 PM »
I finally got to boot Mandrake.  Sorry so long.  If you click the start thing in the bottom left corner then Configuration then Mandrake Control Center.  It will ask for the root password.  That is normal.  Click The hard ware thing on the left then Hard Drake to make sure it see your network card.  You can run the configure tool in the lower right if you need to set up the card.

If it sees the card fine, then click Network & Internet then click the correct option on the right.  It will ask questions, just answer according to what you have.  If it does not work for some reason, repeat and read carefully.  You may have to try a time or two to get it right.

I only have dial-up so I haven't never set up mine like that so I hope this helps.

Later

:D :D :D :D