April 29, 2024, 04:12:25 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: outlook shorewall (and squid)  (Read 4964 times)

Offline mattooo

outlook shorewall (and squid)
« on: May 27, 2004, 03:16:16 PM »
Hi, I need your magic help. I have a proxy server on my lan with 2 nic and a shared connection to a adsl router (eth0). My loc lan connect to me through shorewall (eth1), but I can't succeed in enabling outlook to dowload and upload mails. I've read that you can do it via transparent proxy but with only routing and nat too, and I'd like to use this last choice... I mean, I don't want transparent proxy but I want that shorewall do all the work on port 25 and 110. How can I do?

Thank you all, Matteo.

LOC -eth1:3128-> FW -> SQUID -eth0-> WEB
LOC -eth1:25,110-> FW ------eth0------> WEB

Offline dragoncity99

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 03:30:30 PM »
For me, i will do a port forwarding on that particular machine. That's what i did on my proxy server in the company.

Most likely u need to make an exception in the proxy configuration file to make the squid dont cache that two place.

Offline mattooo

???
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 04:09:54 PM »
Could you be more specific and explain me how to do port forwarding? Thanks, Matteo.

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 09:23:26 AM »
well. I have not used shorewall but used shorewall liek thing in LInux and mostly they have graphical and easy to use interface to do so..
Here by port forwarding we mean.. that u do masquerade like stuff for port 25 and port 110 so that u can recieve mail directly.. It means NAT only for those ports..
Look for that..