March 29, 2024, 01:54:36 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: HSBC CPI Secure Payment Integration  (Read 5105 times)

Offline lauriedunsire

HSBC CPI Secure Payment Integration
« on: June 30, 2009, 10:25:29 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am in desperate need of assistance in integrating the HSBC CPI secure payment system into a website for a friend of mine.   Now firstly I’ll admit I am a designer and my coding skills are limited to say the least, especially in this field it seems!   I understand I may be out of my depth with a few of these issues, however what is frustrating me is the fact my friend was sold this system by HSBC and was told that SHE could easily implement it herself and needed know coding knowledge, all it would take was pasting a piece of code into a page of the website.   However after a few attempts at getting this system working I am struggling and the phone support have actually told me THEY don’t know about the linux installation either, and they can’t guarantee they have anyone to help me!   So I am almost at the stage of either advising her to pay someone else to implement this or to try and get her money back and go elsewhere.

I have a few basic problems that I need clarifying.  One thing is how do I change the environment variables?

One part of the guide I’m using, supplied by the HSBC, says:

Add the path to libCcCpiTools.so to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable (either by
suitable file location, or direct addition). It may be necessary for a merchant to speak to their host
regarding suitable location / installation of this file.

Sorry if it’s a stupid question, but I have implemented a lot of scripts before and changed permissions etc. but never anything as complex as this is turning out to be!

At the moment when I run the sample form I’m just getting a 405 error, so there is some programming issue.

If anyone has any experience with this system any guidance would be HUGELY appreciated, if you need further info on what I have done so far please let me know.

Many thanks in advance,

Laurie