March 28, 2024, 11:16:48 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: KERNEL PANIC..... I M ALSO IN PANIC MODE!!!  (Read 6369 times)

Offline dheerajpoojari

KERNEL PANIC..... I M ALSO IN PANIC MODE!!!
« on: January 06, 2009, 06:04:17 AM »
Hello experts,
                 I am using RHEL 5....but sometimes i get the nasty kernel panic error with different error codes...i have no option left but to re--install the OS...is ther some documentation which provides commands and help to recover from all sorts of kernel panic modes....
    PLs guys/gals help me out.....

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Re: KERNEL PANIC..... I M ALSO IN PANIC MODE!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »
Well.. I can only suggest that if next time you have any kernel panic then report the error here. Most of the time they are due to bios incompatibility. mostly APIC.
Sometimes hardware incompatibility or misconfiguration.

Offline dheerajpoojari

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 12:01:38 PM »
Well.. I can only suggest that if next time you have any kernel panic then report the error here. Most of the time they are due to bios incompatibility. mostly APIC.
Sometimes hardware incompatibility or misconfiguration.

thnks ricky...i'll c to it the next time. But is there no documentation available for such restorations???

Offline unixmen

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »
if  You   have  most  of  times  Kernel panic  ,  that  should  be    hardware  issue (SCSI of  IDE  drive)  of  can   be  a  memory ,
please  try  to copy  and  past  the  error .

regards
 www   net    team 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 05:37:37 PM by unixmen »

Offline dragoncity99

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 04:24:10 PM »
If you have implemented kexec to capture linux kernel dump. You can pinpoint easier and contact redhat.

If at a console level. What you can do as an admin is to see the lengthy messages spit out by the kernel before kernel panic. It can provide very good hints.

Also sometimes, you can try to login with a resuecd and mount the OS filesystems (it can tell you, might be filesystem corruption if you cant mount those)