March 28, 2024, 04:53:32 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: How to check out WWPN of the HBA card attached to linux OS  (Read 29589 times)

Offline babuji

How to check out WWPN of the HBA card attached to linux OS
« on: October 10, 2005, 02:50:55 PM »
Hi all,
          i have attached a HBA card to the linux box.i want to know the WWPN for the HBA(Host Bus Adapter card) without doing scsi_inquiry.let me know it as soon as possible.

My linux version :
--------------------
Linux version 2.4.21-4.ELsmp (bhcompile@daffy.perf.redhat.com) (gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20)) #1 SMP Fri Oct 3 17:52:56 EDT 2003

:(

Offline gauravbajaj

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
Re: How to check out WWPN of the HBA card attached to linux OS
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:52:17 PM »
I am replying very late. I hope u have got the solution but I belive u can check the below dir if its Connected to storage. I have netapp storage and drivers for that is qlaxxx. you have to change to the storage you are having :

On ebelow dir u got the HBA cards like 1 and 2 ( if its dual)
#ls-l /proc/scsi/qla2xx/
1 2

cat /proc/scsi/qla2xx/1 and /proc/scsi/qla2xx/2 , you will find the WWN of HBA in these files

Offline dragoncity99

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
Re: How to check out WWPN of the HBA card attached to linux OS
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »
Something to add on gaurav's post, the one he shared is a Qlogic card on kernel 2.4
--> For emulex cards, it will be /proc/scsi/lpfc/1 (1 here is hba#1, look for parameter called "nodename")

For kernel 2.6 --> it will be in /sys/class/fc_host/host1 (where host1 is the directory, look for port)

Alternatively, you can refer back to your HBA card documentation. They have their own commands for listing the WWN port name.

i.e for emulex cards:
# hbacmd listhbas (use this to  list the hba cards)
# hbacmd hbattribs WWN (use this for firmware checks and so on)