March 28, 2024, 04:55:14 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: mounting Zaurus 5600 under SuSE 9.0  (Read 7838 times)

Offline abernat

mounting Zaurus 5600 under SuSE 9.0
« on: January 24, 2004, 12:56:17 PM »
Greetings everyone,
How do I connect my Zaurus 5600 to my SuSE machine?  When I attached the Zaurus to the PC, SuSE identified it as a usb modem.  That didn't seem right so I aborted the installation (had to, actually, because SuSE insisted on a phone number for it).  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Andy.

Offline dalek

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 12:15:03 AM »
Never used SuSE or a handheld but I did google and found this.

http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/showdetail.php?app=853

I love Google.  They deserve a capitol G for what they do.

That may have what you need.  If not post again.

Later

:D  :D  :D  :D

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 06:54:47 AM »
when it is detecting it as modem ... let it do so. Now use a software like this.. http://www.flagar.com/docs/zaurus/projects/zaurus_check/zaurus_check.tar.gz and install it.. and also read its instruction.. I have got also something like that from samsung.. it has detected it as modem but i can download my phonebook , use the phone as floppy.. :)

Offline abernat

still trouble mounting Zaurus 5600 under SuSE 9.0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 11:52:01 PM »
Thanks to dalek and Ricky for pointing out zaurus_check.  I've been to that site many times but didn't notice this program. After changing some of the references because SuSE has a different file structure that the setup program assumes I got it to work. Except that I still can't connect to the Zaurus.  I get a "could not connect to host ..." message.  When I try connecting through my wireless card and not the USB cradle, I can ping the Zaurus and ping the pc from the Zaurus but my connection is refused  when I try to ftp from the pc.  I've tried using the Zaurus port 4242 and also not using it.  Tried using root@192.168.1.103 (the ip that I can ping) but that doesn't work either.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Andy.

Offline dalek

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 04:19:48 AM »
That's twice I helped someone and had no idea how it worked or what I was saying.  I just Google good.   :oops:  :oops:

Later

:D  :D  :D  :D