April 20, 2024, 03:58:59 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: How do I compile a GPL touch screen driver on Red Hat 7.3?  (Read 6433 times)

Offline guyhillier

• Linux Noob !
How do I compile a GPL touch screen driver on Red Hat 7.3?
« on: June 22, 2005, 01:54:41 PM »
Hello out there.
I am a Linux newbie and have a problem with an IBM touch screen which I am trying to get to work under Red Hat 7.3
The touch screen requires the Elo drivers to get it to work. However, Elo do not provide specific drivers which will work under Red Hat and instead, I have been pointed towards their GPL driver which I have downloaded from their website.
Unfortunately, this GPL file has no instructions on how to get this driver to work with Red Hat 7.3. I have examined the contents of the GPL file and the contents are as follows for the USB driver:

elo_memory.h
elousb.c
elousb.h
elousb.o           I think that these two files are the
elousb_drv.o    ones I need to get the screen to work.
lmakefile
Makefile

Please can anyone out there give me some information on how to get this driver to work under Red Hat 7.3. Does it need to be recompiled, or can I use the elousb.o file and patch it into the Red Hat 7.3 kernel? If so, how do I go about doing this?

Many thanks in advance !

:D

Guy

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 04:28:48 PM »
probably they will work better in kernel 2.4.x or rather newest 2.6.x. But i really can't say. Can you give the url from where you downloaded the stuff. may be i can get some stuff from there for you!

Offline guyhillier

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 09:14:26 AM »
Ricky,

Thanks very much.

Here is the URL:

http://www.elotouch.com/support/dnldlicense.asp?file=linux_public.zip