March 29, 2024, 07:06:04 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Gaming in Linux  (Read 4746 times)

Offline Nemesis

Gaming in Linux
« on: March 27, 2005, 04:29:11 AM »
Somehow, games and Linux don't seem to go along very well. I mean, games like Q3, UT, Doom3, etc. were released for linux but overall, the number of games for linux have been extremely limited. I'm a PC Gamer and I stick with XP simply becuase it runs all my games. Will there ever be a time when Linux will have a repertoire of games as large as Windows?

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Gaming in Linux
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 05:20:10 PM »
see I think people are busy here in getting solution to their serious problesm :( so I have to give my views first.

What I think .. Still linux is best for server areas.. I find linux immature for a normal computer user and that is what is hindering its acceptance as desktop.. and you know desktop level user plays games mostly. So not many desktop user , not many games !
Ya companies are starting to develop .. but mostly people who stuck to linux only are basically linux lover (hatred to other OS) and they are not so many. I think companies have to do business first .. they can't stick to linux if no money  in that !

Offline dragoncity99

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
Gaming in Linux
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 03:48:53 PM »
Take a look here :)

http://www.linux-gamers.net/

To make linux games work out, send to game developers on ur interest in buying games running under linux. That will encourage the to look at linux as a gaming platform