Linux in General > Linux Tutorials & How To's

Internet Sharing in Linux / NAT How to

<< < (7/9) > >>

vlinux1:
hi  gaurav  & ricky

I did all procedure. but iwant to know i have direct ip on my linux box so what i need to change in that script please tell me.

and one more if we configure nat firewall must be up or not without fire wall can it is possible. because i configure high firewall on default rules but i stopped service /etc/init.d/iptables stop command. please tell me in details

Ricky:
That script especially works for devices having dynamic ips.. , it will still work for you, just change ppp0 with ethX which is directly connected to internet.

Without firewall it will work..
Actually NAT do packet movement in and out without knowing who is doing it.. so it can be security breach. So i suggested to use firewall.. but with default firewall it will not work..
either u install firestarter and do NAT also using that. ..
or use premade firewall script available easily on internet.

renato:
Hello pals,
Great tutorial, but I'm also concerned about security, so I'd like to know if you can give us some more specific details how to get a firewall installed and configured.
Where can we get your firewall script?
How to install it and configure it so it'll work with this NAT setup?
Have you tested other firewalls such as APF?
http://www.r-fx.org/apf.php

cheers,

renato

Ricky:
not used that one..
i prefer to made script my self according to my need.

renato:
Hi Ricky,
Where can I find the firewall script you are mentioning a couple of posts above?
I'd like to integrate it with this NAT solution so the system and the LAN are protected.

cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version