Linux in General > Linux Tutorials & How To's

Internet Sharing in Linux / NAT How to

<< < (3/9) > >>

JOJ:
javascript:emoticon(%27%3Acry%3A%27). Hi everyone there.... I am connecting to Internet through Very Small Sperture Terminal (VSAT), and according to our ISP it will only work in Windows Servers. I have a lot of problems dealing with my windows now. Presently I have Slackware Linux running connected to our LAN but it will still connect to windows for Internet. Thus, I want to replace my windows server with Slackware. Is it possible to configure VSAT with Linux?. How?. Please help me. Yes please coz I want to get rid off my windows as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot.

Begginner

tomamodi:
please i
for line in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

this line is enough    /etc/rc.d/rc.nat

or with touch  command

touch /etc/rc.d/rc.nat

still i am not succedded

Ricky:
well you can create directory using mkdir or also using touch then put that above script in that directory !!

anil_garg5:
Nice ..really good one.

Ricky, I implement this ...working fine.

Kindly guide us ...

Thanks a lot

Cytomatrix:
If i am using slackware as my linux gateway for my windows PCs, how do i open ports for my windows. I play halo (a online game) and counter strike. How do i open ports for my windows application. Another thing, my ISP binds Mac address. If my mac address is wrong i won't able to connect to internet. I can register upto 3 mac addresses, but i can only connect one computer at a time. Will i able to use this technic to share internet.
thanks  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version