May 20, 2024, 11:22:47 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Trouble connecting to the net Desperately need help newbie  (Read 3439 times)

Offline pantheratux

Trouble connecting to the net Desperately need help newbie
« on: April 11, 2006, 01:26:54 PM »
i have fedora core 4 installed on my system. I have a reliance wireless cdma phone LG. I downloaded Rconnect1.0 from the reliance website and followed the necessary instructions, the installation took place successfully then as instructed I typed in rconnect at the command line.                            
After doing this the reliance phone LCD showed that it was connected indicating Rx 9.6 Tx9.6 and the timer began. But when i tried to connect to the net using firefox it gave the error that address not found. Nothing is able to connect to the net even gaim even the phone indicates that it is connected. Please tell me the solution for tis problem as I have been struggling for several days now.
Whenever i use firefox it gives me this message" www.google.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again". Even Konqueror is unable to connect. But then why is the phone indicating that it is connected.
Please help

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 06:50:22 PM »
give me output of following while you are connected
Code: [Select]
ifconfigand
Code: [Select]
cat /etc/resolv.conf

Offline gauravbajaj

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 11:44:07 AM »
I think its a problem of resolv.conf file

Just make entries of ur DNS servers in /etc/resolv.conf file

..If u dont know ur DNS servers addresses , then no pbs ... U just go to Windows and connect through Windows .., just check the DNS entries there .., as Windows automatically takes DNS entries ...so just see that entries and make that DNS Servers entries in /etc/resolv.conf file...

I think , after that it will work...

Gaurav