May 05, 2024, 01:40:19 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Connectivity  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Nazareth

• Linux Noob !
Connectivity
« on: September 07, 2004, 09:59:54 AM »
Hallo Fellows,

I have the redhat 9.0 on my server installed with the DHCP and the samba{ for the samba configuration I used the Webmin 1.140 to determine the following: the encrypted password for the users,the workgroup as my group and the security on the user level ),therefor  I created 3 account's for three different users,en I gave them the rights on thier directories.
Now, I connencted a W98 pc to the server, but I can not log under the name of one of the usersaccount that I created on the server ,inspite of the fact that the connectivity between the W98 and the linux server is 100% ok,and the w98 gets its IP Address from the DHCP server that I installed on the linux server.
My question is what should I do inorder to be able to log under a usersname and to access his directoy?,maybe someone have an idea and can tells me what should I do?????

Until I receive a reply ,I wish you all all the best,.

Nazareth

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Connectivity
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 12:21:20 PM »
Ummm.. not worked with samba from a long time.. !!

earlier i had used samba.. wht i done was created samaba user, assigned to their linux account then set share level access at win98 machine and then was able to log in !

Offline Nazareth

• Linux Noob !
Connectivity
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 02:40:22 PM »
Ricky,

Thank you for your reply,but I have already created the samba users , and the name's of the samba users are the same for thier home directories, .....
I feel very very tired, I gonna stop now ,if you reach any idea or suggesstion,pls inform me ....
And thanks in advance.

Nazareth

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Connectivity
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 03:42:41 PM »
well. r u sure smbd and nmbd daemons are running, secondly in  win98 change user level access to sharelevel and make sure you have specified right workgroup .

It is not hard .. just you are not getting it, or try to use redhat-config-samba instead of webmin

Offline Nazareth

• Linux Noob !
Connectivity
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 01:13:02 PM »
Hi dear linuxers,

Well infact the samba works with out problem, the w98 pc and the w2k pc
get thier IP address from the dhcp according to the lease period,but when I wanna log on the w98 or the w2k ,supplying a username ( on the linux server ) and password,I got the following message :

There is no domainserver that can validate your password,thus you
don't have the possiblity to access the network resources.

and when I click ok

I got the window to supply the usersname,password and the domain name, after filling the above requested info. still receiveing message:

There is no domainserver that can validate your password,thus you
don't have the possiblity to access the network resources.

Now dear fellows may be some one can advice me what to do and from where shoul I start.

Thnx in advance for every tip or advice.

Nazareth