March 29, 2024, 05:37:41 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: linux sendmail  (Read 5537 times)

Offline stephen

• Linux Learner
linux sendmail
« on: March 31, 2004, 06:25:18 PM »
I have configured linux8.0 as an Intranet mail server using sendmail.Is there any possibility to get a copy of all incoming/outgoing emails to any one user/root?

Offline dragoncity99

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
linux sendmail
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 06:28:11 AM »
Yes you can. But that's peeping haha. Just kidding.

But getting a copy here do u refer to keeping it a copy either ur user/root as a separate copy of mail other than that's available in each user's mailbox. Is that what u want?

Offline stephen

• Linux Learner
linux sendmail
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 04:22:28 AM »
Quote from: "dragoncity99"
Yes you can. But that's peeping haha. Just kidding.

But getting a copy here do u refer to keeping it a copy either ur user/root as a separate copy of mail other than that's available in each user's mailbox. Is that what u want?

Thanks for the reply.Yes.... I need a seperate copy of all mails which will be forwarded to one user.Eventhough i tried to test this setup with outlook express Mail rule.(i.e) I have applied rule that i put " FOR ALL MESSAGES" the action will be "FORWARD TO PEOPLE" and this setup also  not worked properly.

Offline dragoncity99

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
linux sendmail
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 01:43:12 PM »
Well, what i can say is, u can do it by scripting language. Each time sendmail get's a new mail download to the server, make a script to copy it to the directory of ur choice. I think most likely u need to write the script and put it to run in the cronttab file. Or maybe sendmail can do it for u after a few configurations, but i'm thinking of a way how myself too. :P

Offline stephen

• Linux Learner
linux sendmail
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 04:52:06 PM »
Fine....I am having more than 50 users for my network.Is there any other solution for the same????

Offline dragoncity99

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
linux sendmail
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 01:02:39 AM »
Well from what i can tell is if u have a good programming skill then, u can do so by just copying all the mails in the mail server by programming means.

That's my final year project for my degree. Software agent. I called it WinMailOrg. However, sadly it's for windows platform and i hoping to develop soon for open source :)

This software agent here will copy all the mails from the mail server for a particular user, and i do mean COPY pop3 mails and not download. Hehe

Offline Aleksandar

• Linux Noob !
You can try this!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 09:58:45 AM »
/etc/aliases file
users: mark,peter,alex ...
mail sent to "users@mydomain.com" goes to users mark, peter, alex ...

you can try with reverse procedure
mark:  mark,root
peter:  peter,root
etc

Offline johntaylor

• Linux Noob !
linux sendmail
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 05:49:04 AM »
That seems like a good way to do it. It beats trying to write a script. While on the topic of sendmail, how do you append text to all outgoing emails.

An example would be Hotmail - they add advertisements on the bottom of each email you send from their services. I was wondering is it possible to do this myself on Sendmail?