March 19, 2024, 08:43:10 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Internet Band Width Restriction on Linux Proxy Server  (Read 7057 times)

Offline bijusoman

• Linux Noob !
Internet Band Width Restriction on Linux Proxy Server
« on: October 15, 2004, 11:57:37 AM »
Hi!

I having one Linux Proxy Server (Squid) loaded with Red Hat Linux 8.0. Is it possible to restrict the internet band width to clients through Ip address? Is there any linux based software available for doing the same?

Expecting earliest reply

With Regards
BIJU.K.S

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 09:35:08 AM »
yes it is possible with squid..    squid2mysql , delay pools ! those are wht you have to look for!

dig few last posts in the forum about this. .!!

Offline foopirata

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 02:10:23 PM »
yes it's possible for download use squid but you must first to compile squid with delay pools and then use delay pools to shape download
and if you want to shape bandwith use a packet scheduler like HTB or CBQ  but first go and read Lartc ( http://www.lartc.org/ ) and then go and
get htb from http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/  for further information contact me if you need info  :P now it's solved right

Offline bijusoman

• Linux Noob !
Band Width Problem
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 11:16:03 AM »
Hi Foopirata

Thank you for ur earliest reply. Through tc command we can divide single band width to multiple classes. After that how I can allocate that controlled band width to client IP Address? I am using IP masquerading for internet sharing. Please help me on this.

With Regards
BIJU

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Re: Band Width Problem
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 04:02:17 PM »
Quote from: "bijusoman"
Hi Foopirata

Thank you for ur earliest reply. Through tc command we can divide single band width to multiple classes. After that how I can allocate that controlled band width to client IP Address? I am using IP masquerading for internet sharing. Please help me on this.

With Regards
BIJU

Well.  squid is very powerful tool, CBQ can't do as the way you want ! Your solution is sQuid with Delay pools and understand it well.

Please see my few posts about squid in the forum!