March 28, 2024, 06:25:31 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Outlook Authentication to Squid  (Read 4435 times)

Offline jacodp

Outlook Authentication to Squid
« on: August 02, 2004, 09:06:37 AM »
My company has merged with another which is using Linux RedHat with SQUID as a proxy server requesting authentication when clients need to access the Internet. My clients moving to that network is using the new feature in Outlook (RPC over HTTP) to use the Internet to Access theire Exchange server. But Outlook does not want to connect through the proxy. How should I configure Outlook/Squid.

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 04:26:11 PM »
Well.. Man.. i have to find outlook to look over your concern !!

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 04:39:31 PM »
btw.. I remember that outlook share internet connection setting from IE so I think when you connect to internet and get authenticated then it should download the mail. FYI . outlook mostly don't work with simple proxy, here at my place i had done port forwarding also to download mails.. ie smtp port and pop3 port forwarding.

Offline jacodp

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 07:18:24 AM »
It seems that Outlook is not using the settings from IE and Outlook is not using port 110 and 25. It is using 80 and 443 to encapsulate the RPC traffic. Web access works fine but outlook can for some reason not authenticate to the proxy. Even if I use outlook after opening IE and authenticating.