March 29, 2024, 11:01:23 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: [help]enable USB connection in Redhat 9  (Read 7396 times)

Offline summer00

• Linux Noob !
[help]enable USB connection in Redhat 9
« on: June 03, 2004, 02:26:17 AM »
actually i wanted to make a connection between zaurus 5500 and redhat, but no ideas at all on how to do it? any guides? thx a lot

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 04:40:39 AM »
Did you tried to connect it ? Hmm... can you tell me that wht did kudzu detect it as ?

Offline summer00

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 06:13:01 AM »
Quote from: "Ricky"
Did you tried to connect it ? Hmm... can you tell me that wht did kudzu detect it as ?

sorry , im totally new.......what is kudzu?

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 07:45:41 AM »
Well, whenever you connect  a new device and if RH has its support then it will automatically detect the device and will ask you to configure or not. if you choose it will automatically load the required modules . So connect ur device to computer before boot and then boot it and see for "checking for new hardware" if it ask you that it has found a new device then say yes to configure it.. otherwise ask here  ..

Offline zerogood

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 01:46:08 PM »
i've connected a MA111 to my computer and it's usb and i want to know if linux has detected it as plugged in or not.

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 01:59:19 PM »
you should check these /dev/input/ttyACM0  or  /dev/input/USB/ttyACM0 mostly USB devices goes there.. also see cat /proc/pci it will give you info of all devices connected to your computer..

Offline jeeva

• Linux Noob !
try this!!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 06:48:20 AM »
hi,

i don't know what kind of device you are connected, but if it is USB just run this command sane-find-scanner -v -v, even though it is for scanners, still it works to some extent, it gives the config, interface,altsetting and endpoint info. or you can run #less /proc/usb/devices there you can find the entire usb devices connected to your pc. let you know that linux is having hotplugging!! so it will automatically detects the usb devices whenever you will connect!!

jeeva

Offline jeeva

• Linux Noob !
correction!!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 06:57:28 AM »
hi,

m sorry, i had given wrong path.
here the exact path #less /proc/bus/usb/devices

jeeva