April 19, 2024, 06:51:49 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: FTP by using the BulletProof FTP (Client) software...  (Read 5434 times)

Offline mukesh

FTP by using the BulletProof FTP (Client) software...
« on: June 10, 2004, 08:13:32 AM »
Hi,

Well I would like to ask something:--

I have configured the proxy server that is based on Linux9.0 I have also configure the ftp server on that machine, there after I am able to do the ftp work from that machine only.

But this is configured only on the server, and it has real IP. I have only one real IP.. and I wanted to upload/transfer the files.... from my computer. (Windows Operating system) by using the BulletProof FTP (Client) software...

Is there any way to make it possible for all the users, so they can upload the files from own computer, by using the proxy sever.

I have configured the HTTP proxy server.. and please let me know where i have to change the configuration for accesing the ftp from another machine.

There are numbers of computer accessing the internet by using that proxy server. but i want to do this work by using the BFTP client software so please help me.

And one more thing, i am also wanted to see  a particular system what he/she is doing so plz guide me wat to do and how to do.

Regards,
Mukesh.

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 11:28:28 AM »
To access ftp behind proxy.. set your proxy client to work in Passive mod..
You have not told which proxy server u are using ? is it Squid ? if yes then see access.log
btw there are also real time monitor. .u have to find out.. i will also tell when i remember  !!

Offline mukesh

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 12:04:57 PM »
Quote from: "Ricky"
To access ftp behind proxy.. set your proxy client to work in Passive mod..
You have not told which proxy server u are using ? is it Squid ? if yes then see access.log
btw there are also real time monitor. .u have to find out.. i will also tell when i remember  !!

I am using the http proxy server, yup it is squid. Kindly let me know where is access.log file.

I am only able to see that "access" file this is located under the  "/usr/bin/access"   directory

I have install the FTP package in the server side by using the following command

1. First check sure i have FTP package in my server or not for this the command is -> rpm -qa vsftpd

I got a message - vsftpd-1.1.3-8

2. To enable the vsftpd sever -> chkconfig vsftpd on

3. Start the vsftpd server as follows :-

/etc/init.d/vsftpd start

4. Now finally yhe ftp server is working.

ftp 192.168.1.175

Connected to 192.168.1.175 (192.168.1.175).

Name (192.168.1.175:root):  root
331 Password required for root
Password: ********

230 User root logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp>bye

I am able to upload/transfer the files from that server, but i want to upload or download the file from my comp.

Please help me

Regards,
Mukesh.