March 28, 2024, 10:16:03 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Samba Issue  (Read 4414 times)

Offline bLaDeY

Samba Issue
« on: June 06, 2004, 09:14:06 AM »
Hi Guys,
I have been tackling this one for a good part of the day without any success, I have googled around which hasn't helped thus far so here I am asking for some help hoping someone has come across this before or knows perhaps where to find the answer.

I have my Fedora box running Samba 3.035 as a PDC. All has been great since the move across from Mandrake and I couldn't complain until earlier today.

One problem which cropped up, when I restarted my main machine running XP was when I went to log back in it came up with the following error message:

Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you logoff. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.  

DETAIL - The network is not present or not started.

Out of 3 different XP machines this appears to be the only one having problems. I have attempted so far to rename both profiles ie one on the linux box and one on the XP machine to no avail.

The profile directory permissions are the same for every other user so nothing has changed there.

I have tried deleting the user name darren using smbpasswd -x and then re-created, removed myself from the admins group and going back to a workgroup then re-joining the domain to no avail either.

I then thought ok perhaps it's something to do with my profile, I jumped on to one of the other XP machines which logged in with my profile no problems at all.

I am able to view web sites and download email as I normally would so I don't see there being an issue with the ethernet connection.

My conf file if it is on any use can be found here

Any thoughts or help on this one would be great as I just about have no hair left.

Cheers
Darren