VB Network settings (info from VB support forum):
2 separate adapters: 1 - Host-only Adapter (to connect CentOS on VB to Win7) and 2 - NAT (to enable Internet access for CentOS).
"With host only networking virtual machines can talk to each other and the host as if they were connected through a physical ehternet switch. Similarly, as with internal networking however, a physical networking interface need not be present, and the virtual machines cannot talk to the world outside the host since they are not connected to a physical networking interface."
"A virtual machine with NAT enabled acts much like a real computer that connects to the Internet through a router. The “router”, in this case, is the VirtualBox networking engine, which maps traffic from and to the virtual machine transparently. The disadvantage of NAT mode is that, much like a private network behind a router, the virtual machine is invisible and unreachable from the outside internet; you cannot run a server this way unless you set up port forwarding."
I looked at some tutorials, but I am stil wondering about few things:
1) Do I need to change the hostname in Linux and assign it a FDQ name etc
2) What configuration changes should I make to /etc/httpd/confg/httpd.confg and /etc/sysconfig/network
I am gonna make MySQL and Apache start after every boot, but then
3) What address am I gonna use in, lets say IE browser on Win to access Apache on Virtual Box
4) How is it gonna work with SHH (what address, do I need ports etc)
5) What are the other settings involved.
There is some info about it on the net, but it's kind of hard to get it all together.