April 20, 2024, 01:09:18 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: how to reinstall the requied packges  (Read 4485 times)

Offline guru

• Linux Noob !
how to reinstall the requied packges
« on: December 09, 2003, 11:03:24 AM »
hi freinds :D
while installing linux i had not selected the allipcation development packges, now i want to install the this packges how to install. in redhat 9 there is option add and remove mine is redhat 7.2.

i want to install those thing in text mode , my monitor is not properly probed by linux 7.2

plss send the solution to this problem as fast as possible

advanced Thank you!  :)
bye

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
how to reinstall the requied packges
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 02:03:40 PM »
In redhat we have option to do upgrade.. to do this just boot your computer from RH installation cds.. choose there upgrade then choose wht ever you want to install..  

For monitor problem.. go and find you monitor's manual and check for its horizontal and vertical scan rate.. or frequencies.. then put it in monitor section.. you will be fine..

Offline vikas

Installing Required Packages
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 02:00:13 PM »
hi
 :D

if u r used text mode then use the command "redhat-confg-Xconfig"
then select the type of minitor that suits for u.
then for updating the package or for installing the package that u have not selected while installation for that :
 **if u r having X window(gui mode) than select add/remove application in the start menu (it might be sub menu of one of the "system tools" or "system settings".
select it and then in next window select the packages u want to select and insert the cd 1 of n using which u have installed the linux and then press continue the update will happens.
 ** for text mode i will give u answer very soon coz i have to test it once again