March 19, 2024, 10:31:11 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: network limits  (Read 9154 times)

Offline zinyembatarugrey

network limits
« on: July 12, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »
lads and gents can someone out there help me with the solution of blocking other clients from using my linux server as a proxy ther by allowing a few to go thru my pc is using linux centos 5.x with squid httpd dovecot already installed and all the clients are using win xp, win 98, win 7 win vista and snow leopard nearly fired need help

Offline Avin

• Linux Learner
  • L!nuX
Re: network limits
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 05:00:39 AM »
Make Rule in IPTABLE to block inbound connection.

Please give more details about your Network.

Offline zinyembatarugrey

Re: network limits
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »
ya thanks avin. i think to begin with i got a centos rhl wich i use as a proxy server then from thatone there are several users in the house like three in the siting room then other 5 beds got other computer all the other computers are using windows xp except for the proxy that got linux. the problem now here is i dont need the bedrooms to access the internet using my proxy. so i went on to the file squid and make this rule
{our_networks = src xxx.xxx.xx.0/3"
allow our_networks}
where the x:=digits of my ip address and 1 to 3 are the ip addresses of my three machines i wanna allow.
in this case mr centos in the file squid whenever i started it it returns an error which is like "ip address out of range....................."
and the blacklisted machines still access the network. if there is the need for more specific details please jus make me know.  ???