March 29, 2024, 06:01:25 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Data Recovery Over Hard Disk Failure  (Read 15183 times)

Offline darkknightza

• Linux Noob !
    • data recovery nyc
Data Recovery Over Hard Disk Failure
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:12:36 PM »
Magnetic Force Microscopes (MFM)
Magnetic force microscopy is a powerful tool for high-resolution magnetic imaging of most data storage media. As the density of magnetic media is higher, the bit becomes smaller than the wavelength of light, so optical techniques can not resolve it. General MFM is capable of imaging the magnetic domain of several tens of nanometers. Also, MFM is almost simultaneous with measuring the surface characteristics of topography and roughness of the same area with sub-angstrom vertical resolution.
Recovery Softwares
*SpinRite 6.0
SpinRite is a stand-alone DOS program designed to refurbish hard drives, floppy disks and recover data from marginally or completely unreadable hard drives and floppy disks and from partitions and folders which have become unreadable.
*Ontrack data recovery software
Ontrack Data Recovery offers the industry's highest quality and cost-effective do-it-yourself data recovery software solutions for almost any data loss situation covering servers, desktops or laptops for all media, operating systems and file types. Ontrack's EasyRecoveryTM family of products is unmatched in its ability to recover/repair from all causes of lost data.
*Recover My Files
Recover My Files data recovery software will easily recover deleted files emptied from the Windows Recycle Bin, or lost due to the format or corruption of a hard drive, virus or Trojan infection, and unexpected system shutdown or software failure.

Offline nevdunn

Re: Data Recovery Over Hard Disk Failure
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »
Hi there, I have a WD 2x500gb NAS drive that has stopped being recognised by explorer.  I believe they run of a Linux system.  Can you recommend someone / firm that can access and recover this data at a reasonable cost.  many thanks Nev

Offline AaronSkido

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:32:43 AM »
yeah ive tried putting it in a caddy but windows7 wont recognise the hard drive.thanks for all your help

Offline ronaldassus

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 11:20:10 AM »
HEY,
        Techies
          Can we attach a hard disk to a dvd player to watch movies from hard disk.

Thanks-
Bhavishya