March 19, 2024, 04:31:27 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: mandrake 9.2 & sb!live 5.1  (Read 6849 times)

Offline benbben

mandrake 9.2 & sb!live 5.1
« on: February 02, 2004, 02:47:11 PM »
Hi there,

I have intalled a mandrake 9.2 on my system, and it work not to bad, but my sound card do not work as I hope to.
I have a lot of trouble with mixer's: alsa and kde one are not working properly. I think I have to tell I use only 2 analogic speaker for stereo.
I need to use the 3DPCM or somthing like that as main volume, the main volume haven't any effect. A lot of application can't take control of volume
(the only way I have found is to use esound with xmms or mplayer).

Doesn't somebody understand anything to this alsa driver ?

PS: for other people with this card and stereo speaker: youu have to turn off numeric output for head any sound.

thank.

Offline Eddy

Re: mandrake 9.2 & sb!live 5.1
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 06:46:36 AM »
Quote from: "benbben"
Hi there,

I have intalled a mandrake 9.2 on my system, and it work not to bad, but my sound card do not work as I hope to.
I have a lot of trouble with mixer's: alsa and kde one are not working properly. I think I have to tell I use only 2 analogic speaker for stereo.
I need to use the 3DPCM or somthing like that as main volume, the main volume haven't any effect. A lot of application can't take control of volume
(the only way I have found is to use esound with xmms or mplayer).

Doesn't somebody understand anything to this alsa driver ?

PS: for other people with this card and stereo speaker: youu have to turn off numeric output for head any sound.

thank.