Network Troublshooting > Linux Servers Support

help me with sendmail

(1/2) > >>

Aleksandar:
I've configured sendmail to send mail, but now I have to configure sendmail to recive mail. It's small domain with a few workstation and one Win2000 server(AD,DNS not registred on net) + Linux RH 9.0 Squid proxy. We use ppp connection and recive mail from local ISP.  

10Q :)!

dragoncity99:
U don't have to configure anything, just need to start the POP3 service.

1. Type "setup" in ur console.

2. Goto "system services"

3. Check the pop3 services needed if u r using pop3. I think u r using POP3 to receive mail right?

Aleksandar:

--- Quote from: "dragoncity99" ---U don't have to configure anything, just need to start the POP3 service.

1. Type "setup" in ur console.

2. Goto "system services"

3. Check the pop3 services needed if u r using pop3. I think u r using POP3 to receive mail right?
--- End quote ---

I know that is POP3 protocol to receive mail and I have been starting ipop3 service.
but when I want to receive mail from ISP through proxy to client machine I receive message "POP3 server could not be found bla bla bla ....". Server name is ok.

dragoncity99:
Then, i think u better consult ricky on how to enable squid to open the port for POP3 mail retrieval.

He's the Squid guru here. :)

Aleksandar:

--- Quote from: "dragoncity99" ---Then, i think u better consult ricky on how to enable squid to open the port for POP3 mail retrieval.

He's the Squid guru here. :)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for your advice!
I want to configure my sendmail to takeover on trasfer mail from ISP to client! I think that I have to configure sendmail, may be I wrong.
I tried to open port 110 on squid but I didn't know how.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version