March 29, 2024, 01:14:04 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: We want VMware link to configure at windows server  (Read 5238 times)

Offline surya99

• Linux Noob !
We want VMware link to configure at windows server
« on: October 22, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »
Hi

I am new to linux, We want VMware link to configure at windows server so we can easily install linux Os.
Please advise.

Offline kaushalpatel1982

• LST CareTaker
  • Linux Learner
Re: We want VMware link to configure at windows server
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »
Hi surya,

I am sorry, but I could not get your requirement. Please brief about your requirement if possible.

Offline surya99

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »
Hi Kausal Patel,

I want to install VMWAre software at my end to install linux OS as recently we are working on windows XP and with VMware installation on PC for linux practice we want to install VMWare and after that on VMware we want to install linux for practice.

Thanks and Advise.

Offline kaushalpatel1982

• LST CareTaker
  • Linux Learner
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »
As per my understanding, You have installed VMWare on Windows XP. Now you want to install Linux in VMWare for your practice purpose. I assume that, you are able to install Windows OS in VMWare and Linux on physical machine.

It is very easy to install Linux in VMware. It is just like install Windows OS on VMWare. If you have ISO of any Linux flavor, you have to just provide it to VMware as CDRom, Start New VMWare Configuration, Select ISO file as CDRom, Power on the vmware and it will start installtion process. Provide the necessary information and will install as you install on physical machine.