March 28, 2024, 09:24:15 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: about yahoo messenger  (Read 6755 times)

Offline philipalex

• Linux Noob !
about yahoo messenger
« on: July 11, 2009, 09:45:06 AM »
Hello sir,

I am using Linux, I mostly uses pidgin for connecting to yahoo messenger, but sombody block the port. Now i cannot connect  it through the pidgin. Can you please suggest any other way to connect yahoo messenger using a proxy sites.

I am waiting for your reply.

Offline aktiwari4u

• LST CareTaker
  • Crescent
    • http://aktiwari4u.tk/
Re: about yahoo messenger
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 05:08:42 AM »
i think you may use meebo.com if you just want chatting.

Offline philipalex

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »
Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply. But I want to search for rooms in yahoo messenger. Is there any way to get any such softwares or site that support yahoo messenger rooms.

I am waiting for your reply.

Offline 13lackhat

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 04:55:32 AM »
at times netadmins block the new yahoo messenger. the ones after y! msngr 6. they have a different way to connect. so try if Yahoo! Mssngr 6 works.

Offline philipalex

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 06:28:03 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Can you please suggest  how can i update the pidgin(Pidgin 2.5.2) in linux.

I am waiting for your reply...

Offline muyisco

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »
I think your problem could be as a result of yahoo changing the way you login to their messenger servers. you could fix this by upgrading to the latest version of pidgin. this can be done in different ways depending on your distro. however, you can use this quick fix. after opening pidgin, goto Accounts >> Manage Accounts. Select your account and click on "Modify". on the advanced tab, change the page server to "cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com" (without quotes").
hope this was useful. cheers

Offline philipalex

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 02:35:25 AM »
Hello sir,

thank you very much for your valuable suggestion. Now i can connect yahoo messenger through pidgin. i am very thank full to you.

But a new problem arise..., I cannot enter any rooms in the yahoo messenger.  I am able to select the room but when i click to enter the room it didn't showing anything. Can you please suggest any solution for it.

If i have to update the pidgin, can you please suggest how can i update it....

i am waiting for your reply....... :)

Offline muyisco

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 03:26:02 PM »
i have not encountered the problem with the chat rooms since i do not use that feature. however, updating might be what you need. if you use ubuntu, RHEL/Centos , Fedora core or any of their derivatives, you can get information on how to install an updated version from http://www.pidgin.im/download/ubuntu/ . alternatively, you can download the source code here http://www.pidgin.im/download/source/ and compile it yourself. i however advice you to try installing the .deb or .rpm file and not go down the compilation road as things could get ugly if not done correctly.
again, i hope this was useful.