April 19, 2024, 05:57:07 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Yikes! My Godaddy VPS is giving me these errors. Can't register, delete domains or  (Read 3642 times)

Offline kholt

I've had this virtual server with Godaddy forever. I have about 52 websites on it. I was adding another and I walked through the registration process and forgot to click the save button. I then proceeded to the domain area of Godaddy to update the IP address. Now I can't add domains, delete dns settings, or update DNS settings without getting these kinds of messages:

Your URL:  /dns/sync.do

Error details:

CommandFailedException: Unable to parse DNS configuration file
   at c.g.t.f.systems.dns.LinuxDnsSubsystem.updateConfigFile:1165
   at c.g.t.f.systems.dns.LinuxDnsSubsystem.synchronizeDomains:958
   at c.g.t.w.actions.dns.ActionDnsSync.process:39
   at c.g.t.w.actions.AbstractSpringAction.execute:118
   at c.g.t.w.filters.AuthorizedResourceFilter.doFilter:38
   at c.g.t.w.filters.RequestPopulationFilter.doFilter:117

Cause: SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
   at c.g.t.f.systems.dns.LinuxDnsSubsystem.updateConfigFile:982
   at c.g.t.f.systems.dns.LinuxDnsSubsystem.synchronizeDomains:958
   at c.g.t.w.actions.dns.ActionDnsSync.process:39
   at c.g.t.w.actions.AbstractSpringAction.execute:118
   at c.g.t.w.filters.AuthorizedResourceFilter.doFilter:38
   at c.g.t.w.filters.RequestPopulationFilter.doFilter:117

Godaddy has now had me upgrade my disk space to another 10gig, I've tunneled in with ssh and ran memhog to increase memory because they are suggesting that I'm too low on RAM and want me to purchase another server, I can't just ugrade. I've updated all the packages in my simple control panel.
I finally got an email from them after begging for help, because $75 an hour is just too much for me!

This is what I got:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Server Support.

If this issue started after the modifications to the DNS of a domain, then it is likely that the DNS file or configuration has become corrupted. You can attempt to manually update or recreate the DNS file via SSH. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide assistance with the configuration of the server or modification of files. While you do have a lot of domain names added to the server, a backup of the content and reprovision of the server will reset the server to the default settings. However, this will remove all content and require that you re-add all domains and content once again.

I have backed up all my sites and databases, but to start all over again is a horrific thought. I can't imagine the nightmare.

If anybody can point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful!!!!