April 19, 2024, 09:22:38 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: TinyMe Live CD  (Read 5568 times)

Offline RicVic

TinyMe Live CD
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:49:21 AM »
Hello-

I burned an iso of TinyMe 2008.0 Live CD (PCLinuxOS) to try out on an older Compaq Presario notebook that's currently

running Win95; I used a Toshiba Satellite notebook to do the burn, followed by a test run on the Toshiba to check the CD.

Anyway, to make a long story short, when I tried to power down, it hangs and will not shut off. It went through all the

shutdown processes followed with a "Please Press <Enter> Once The Medium Is Removed" which I did but it did not power

off. What should I do to get it turned off? Please help! Thanks in advance.

Offline RicVic

Re: TinyMe Live CD
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 06:17:28 AM »
Update: I finally ended up removing the Toshiba's battery to shut it

off, but would still like anyone's input on what possibly caused the

Toshiba running TinyMe 2008.0 LiveCD to hang up like it did, or ideas

to prevent it from maybe occuring again?  ??? Thanks!

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:49:31 AM »
I am not sure what caused it but another way around is that when it asks to remove medium and still do not shutdown then simply "Keep Power button Pressed for 3-5 seconds" . It will then turn off.

Btw, what is the configuration of your Toshiba lappy ? ie. What chipset - board ?

Offline RicVic

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:40:56 AM »
Hi Ricky,

Thanks for the info. The Satellite is an A45- S150 I bought used last summer on eBay. It didn't include an owner manual or

specification sheet, but the specs listed at Toshiba Support list it having a Mobile Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.40 GHz with

an Intel 852 GME chipset.

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 05:28:09 PM »
Hardware is not too old so idea of form factor also not apply here. You may try any other Distro live CD. See if that also exhibit same. IF so then something with hardware ie. compatibility else only with TinyMe.