Linux Software > Linux Installation Support

Question on Sabayon installation

(1/2) > >>

akashyak:
Of late, I hear, Sabayon has been performing very good...

I run a multi-boot system with Win xp, Ubuntu, 2 Kubuntu's and Sidux and openSUSE 11.0

Now if I install Sabayon, will it write all these OS records to its boot record ? Someone on the IRC chat on Sabayon said it wouldn't.. what do you people say ??

I await ur thoughtful reply - it's not urgent, however. Sabayon is still just downloading on my sys.

-- Akash.

Ricky:
Hello Akash..

Well, I was away for a while.. about Sabayon dual / triple /quad boot .. lolz.. Go ahead and install and if uses grub as main boot loader then everything will be normal. And I guess every Linux OS now uses GRUB and grub can detect other OS fairly.

Just make sure you do not mess with partition, rest all other problem can be solved easily (if arrives any).

akashyak:
Thank you, Ricky. Unfortunately, my KTorrent crashed mid-way, and my download of about 1.7 GB of Sabayon's 3.9 GB went waste.. donno wattu do...

Ricky:
usually torrent software recover from where they crash.. try reinitiating the download..

RonG:
It spotted all of my distos with no apparent problems, and none of the other I have installed are gentoo based either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version