March 28, 2024, 07:12:06 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Mail server configuration  (Read 3693 times)

Offline nair.rajeshj

Mail server configuration
« on: May 23, 2008, 07:04:01 AM »
My organization is   giving administrative support to the small independent   four institutions. Their  IDs are like  this

Our main office  DNS Name – indianforce.af.in.

Other office DNS       - army.af.in
 - navy.af.in
 - airforce.af.in
 - bsf.af.in

Now we want to configure   single mail server in such a way that every user (army, navy, airforce and bsf) can  send and receive  their mail on their respective mail ID . We use squirrel mail. When I configured this  there is a problem .The  incoming mail receives  in the respective mail IDs but  when they forward the  mail to outside  it shows the mail ID of the  main domain(  xxx@indianforce.af.in.) where it is supposed to be xxx@army.af.in /  xxx@navy.af.in  / xxx@bsf.af.in …

I tried to configure it through sendmail by  making the MX entry in DNS server(zone file) and  by editing  /etc/mail/local-host-names. You can do the same Postfix also .Please help me if any one can give the configuration /clue ( through sendmail / postfix)

Offline dragoncity99

• LST CareTaker
  • Experienced
Re: Mail server configuration
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »
For Sendmail:
You should disable the masquerading in order to allow your domain sendmail specific host senders. And then, recompile the sendmail.mc file.

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch21_:_Configuring_Linux_Mail_Servers