April 18, 2024, 11:49:45 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Cannot execute binary file in RouterBoard debian  (Read 6431 times)

Offline resole83

Cannot execute binary file in RouterBoard debian
« on: April 16, 2008, 07:55:08 PM »
Hi everybody!!
I have a RouterBoard WiFi with a linux kernel "cross-compiled" with debian 2.4.21.
In my laptop I have the madwifi's tools (wlanconfig...). I try to compile this tools and everything is ok. I had transfered the wlanconfig executable via scp in the router in /usr/bin/ but the problem is the follow:

When I am in the router and when I try to start wlanconfig (or /usr/bin/wlanconfig) I have this error:

Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/wlanconfig: cannot execute binary file
(..obviously the file is present in /usr/bin)  ;)   

I said...ok...a problem of rigths...so ...chmod in all ways (+x, a+x, +u, 777 disperato!)...but the problem is still there!...

Anyone has some idea about this?

Thanks!!!

Offline resole83

Re: Cannot execute binary file in RouterBoard debian
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 08:04:55 PM »
Hi everybody!!
I have a RouterBoard WiFi with a linux kernel "cross-compiled" with debian 2.4.21.
In my laptop I have the madwifi's tools (wlanconfig...). I try to compile this tools and everything is ok. I had transfered the wlanconfig executable via scp in the router in /usr/bin/ but the problem is the follow:

When I am in the router and when I try to start wlanconfig (or /usr/bin/wlanconfig) I have this error:

Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/wlanconfig: cannot execute binary file
(..obviously the file is present in /usr/bin)  ;)   

I said...ok...a problem of rigths...so ...chmod in all ways (+x, a+x, +u, 777 disperato!)...but the problem is still there!...

Anyone has some idea about this?

Thanks!!!