March 29, 2024, 10:24:22 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: HELP TO CONNECT TO INTERNET ( FEDORA CORE 6)  (Read 5477 times)

Offline jaiho123

HELP TO CONNECT TO INTERNET ( FEDORA CORE 6)
« on: March 22, 2007, 06:17:21 AM »
hiii every one...
im a new user ..
im using fedora core 6..
while connecting to internet i used the command wvdial.conf
its in etc directory

but the terminal returned me the error msg no such file exist....
also i hav configured my dns nd ip address from network options...
help...

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 09:46:01 AM »
What type of internet connection you have ?
If its dialup then you have to create wvdial.conf file first, see tutorial section for more information.

Offline tomcat

• Linux Noob !
help regarding redhat 9
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »
hello all ... sorry i am posting RH9 on this fedora post.... i am having prob ..first of all i new to linux 9.... i am trying to install modem. this is an agrere system modem in my laptop (windows shows me), when scaned thru scanmodem it shows this is intel 82802CA/CAM AC'97 (rev 02) (prog-if 00[generic] .. it also shows me that audio controller is of same type intel 82802CA/CAM AC'97 (rev 02) .. well i install it with pctel driver 0.9.6 choosing with hal = i8xx ...

now the modules are loded thru insmode -f command ...now the main part ..when i start the ppp0 with command /sbin/ifup ppp0 then nothing happend.. even if i tried to kill the process  or deactivate the dialup connection it wont deactivate... i have to restart the system...
please let me know what i am missing ??? or have done wrong....

Thank you! in advance..

Offline tomcat

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:34:37 PM »
sorry forgot to mention one more thing .. my system have a lan card also whic is working fine.. i have disabled it before making a connection .. also i am using VMware workstation on this linux.. do u think it due to there adapters i.e vm8 and vm0... coz ther were not disabled when testing the connection ...

thnax again

Offline pJayan

• Linux Noob !
    • http://www.my.opera.com/jayan4u
making an internet server
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 05:35:22 AM »
Hi all,
          I want make my linux [RHEL 4] server  as a webserver [now it is configured as  a NAT server]. Tell me how to configure my system as an initernet server (here i would like to make use the space as my server while domain registration)                                                       

[or  how to configure website logging in linux].

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Re: HELP TO CONNECT TO INTERNET ( FEDORA CORE 6)
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 04:56:49 PM »
That is not hard, you need to configure few things..
mysql, apache, php, bind and etc.. there are lots of tutorial available online for this.
alternatively, you can use free webhosting control panel like :
web-cp or revencore or vhcp ..
What they will do will present you with graphical interface to configure all without much hassle, I suggest vhcp, documentation are there with it.. ie. how to install etc.