March 28, 2024, 03:07:37 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Log in problem after locking screen.  (Read 5798 times)

Offline sspadhee

• Linux Noob !
« on: June 11, 2007, 10:39:23 AM »
Dear friends,
I have FC6 in my system. I have the root PW, and two other users are using the system with different login. Last week I had to install Matehematica 5.2 in my system for which I  had to make certain canges in /etc/fstab file (I had to add user, exec in the first line) . After the installation of Mathematia
when any user locks screen and then tryes to unlock screen the pw is not recognized. He has to kill the session and then login again. when there is a fresh log in there is no pw problem. I am not able to understand the problem. Please suggest the solution.

Thanks In Advance.
Srikant.

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Re: Log in problem after locking screen.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 04:25:35 PM »
Mainly .. the user who has locked the screen can only use it ie. if locked by someone else but then other user is try to login then should not work..
is it so ?

Offline sspadhee

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 04:33:20 PM »
no, no, even the user who has locked the session is not able to log in, the error is that the PW is not correct.

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:46:44 PM »
using Gnome or KDE ?
Also see in preference where you enable autolock that if there is any setting to provide password.

I need to see myself .. but.. I can't install every distro but soon I will use my current machine to install atleast 5 latest linux distro and use another for my daily use.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 04:48:24 PM by Ricky »

Offline sspadhee

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 08:48:49 AM »
hi Ricky,
in my first mail I mentioned
Last week I had to install Matehematica 5.2 in my system for which I  had to make certain canges in /etc/fstab file (I had to add user, exec in the first line) .

I removed "users, exec" and now there is no problem in screen lock.  I don't know the reason, bu t it worked. Any insight into the subject ?

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 07:18:18 PM »
For time being.. no clear Idea..