Network Troublshooting > General Networking Support in Linux

w32.valla.4268 virus

(1/1)

sathish:
Hello all !!!!!

1) We are having w2kpro clients and a linux ftp server. In w2k clients, some files are affected by w32.valla.4268 virus.....  If I move that files to the linux ftp server.. ?? Is linux ftp server also will be attacked by that virus ??  

2) I have read some article regarding if we install SAMBA server and Apache Web Server.. some virus will be affected.. Plz let me know which antivirus is best for Linux...

Thank you,,,

Sathish...

Ricky:
Sathish> First of all the virus is made up for windows so it can't do anything with linux but if you store some files on linux server which are infected by windows virus then the client (M$ plateform) will also get infected but not the Linux Server. Infact there are only few viruses u can't count them on ur fingers for linux and those are too rare.. I have never tried antivirus for linux btw.. I will tell u some b'coz mostly there are antivirus for linux mailserver not for general virus protection b'coz there arn't many (negligible)

sathish:

--- Quote from: "Ricky" ---Sathish> First of all the virus is made up for windows so it can't do anything with linux but if you store some files on linux server which are infected by windows virus then the client (M$ plateform) will also get infected but not the Linux Server. Infact there are only few viruses u can't count them on ur fingers for linux and those are too rare.. I have never tried antivirus for linux btw.. I will tell u some b'coz mostly there are antivirus for linux mailserver not for general virus protection b'coz there arn't many (negligible)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your reply Ricky,,,

One more thing I forgotten to post in the previous thread..  Ok... If  I copy the infected file back to win2k from linux ftp server... Is any chances getting the same virus to that file....................?? Any idea ??.

Sathish

neo:
linux rarely gets virus.... but still for safety there r linux antivirus softwares like "vexira"

Ricky:
Sathish

--- Quote ---If I copy the infected file back to win2k from linux ftp server... Is any chances getting the same virus to that file....................?? Any idea ??.
--- End quote ---
Man if the file is still infected then the virus is still there.. Moving file between linux and M$ will not do any virus removal so infection will be still there..

P.S. Edit your Questions heading from virus name to something like "virus name with linux ftp and antivirus for Linux" to get answers promptly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version