April 19, 2024, 05:20:07 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Dual linux boot and dual windows boot together?  (Read 5854 times)

Offline Stuart36

• Linux Noob !
Dual linux boot and dual windows boot together?
« on: March 13, 2007, 04:58:58 AM »
Okay heres the deal...just got thru setting up and dual boot with xp and vista...works great had to do xp on a partition..then start vista install inside xp on a separate partition...so meanwhile ive used Partion Magic to set up a swap partition of 509MB and a /boot partition for Bintoo along with 29 G ext3 /root partition for it...Ubuntu Ultimate Gamers ive set aside a swap of 2G and 27G ext3 /root partition for it...question: Am i on the right track, as i'm thinking install Bintoo 1st and then install Ubuntu so itll read everything before it? Fingers crossed lol.  :roll:

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 07:16:01 PM »
You can install both in any order and things will be fine.

Offline Stuart36

• Linux Noob !
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 02:23:34 AM »
Actually yes and no Windows has a way of not going the way it should when it comes to Linux....for example for a triple boot: youre better off partitioning 2 swap files and 2 ext3 / with GParted off a Live CD or DVD distro 1st then install your XP or Vista(highly not recommended,cause my opinion its crap :twisted:), and then your other Linux distro and preferably 2 Linux distros that support GRUB. Cheers and check out the new Sabayon 3.3 it rocks. 8)

:? Its not easy,just humanly possible. :wink:

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 06:50:10 PM »
You are right but I was talking only about LINUX distros. Ofourse install windows first (if you want to use it)