March 29, 2024, 02:14:24 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Default web browsers in version 6.0 to 9.0 red hat linux  (Read 9338 times)

Offline siddharth

• Linux Noob !
Default web browsers in version 6.0 to 9.0 red hat linux
« on: March 12, 2004, 06:06:46 AM »
hi everybody,
                   i would like to know the default web browsers in all the versions starting from 6.0 in red hat linux. you could help me by providing me the default web browser name of the version you know or the way of finding these default web brosers. thank you .
                                                                           siddharth.

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Default web browsers in version 6.0 to 9.0 red hat linux
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 08:50:05 AM »
Firstly!! Please ask the question in right place . it is specific to Redhat so Moved to distro specific forum!!

Secondly !!
I think default Mozilla is default browser in every version.. Not sure.. Not used every every version of Redhat!! May be other who has used can help !!

Offline siddharth

• Linux Noob !
Default Web Browser Entry In The File System
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 08:28:58 AM »
Hello Ricky,
                It would be of great help if you could help me on the matter written below.
                What I want to do is first check wether the system has an internet connection by code. Then I would like to know what is the default web browser of that system. Where are the enteries for the default web browser contained in the file system. So that I can access this entry and launch that particular default web browser by code.Thank You.
                                                                                    Siddharth.

Offline siddharth

• Linux Noob !
Default Web Browser Entry In The File System
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 08:54:53 AM »
Hello Ricky,
                It would be of great help if you could help me on the matter written below.
                What I want to do is first check wether the system has an internet connection by code. Then I would like to know what is the default web browser of that system. Where are the enteries for the default web browser contained in the file system. So that I can access this entry and launch that particular default web browser by code.Thank You.
                                                                                    Siddharth.