Network Troublshooting > General Networking Support in Linux

problem with load balancing router

(1/3) > >>

joydeep:
Dear list,

I have some problem with 2 isp with a load balancing router linksys RV042.

please see the diagram below.

ADSL modem ---------------->  wan1 port of RV042

240nline -------->[eth0 to dial 240nline   linux-pc     eth1]-----------> wan2 port of RV042

now the router can detect the presence of the net both at wan1 and wan2 port.
but it can't get the net from the linux router. but when I attached the linux router with the
HUB then all the machine get the 24online connection. hence there is no problem with the
linux router machine.  I think the problem is with the router configuration. Could any one suggest anything to get the net from 240nline (wan2 port) ?
this is an urgent as I have already worked on it since last on week. please suggest
thanks

Ricky:
Well, if router is having some configuration like mentioning gateway, dns server then u hv to mention it.
May be u can give me link to manual for that router, I can see and suggest something.

joydeep:
Thanks for your response.

I have solved it :-)  I had smart backup enabled. it enables the primary wan and disables the secondary wan. my 24online was the secondary. when I made 24online  as primary I
see the "connected"  message :-)

thanks

joydeep:
oh GOD!! still I hv problem. router can detect the connection but can't resolve any site using 24online.    Yes I have provided the dns and all related information in the router.

now first see the diagram below
=======================
240nline -------->[eth0 to dial 240nline linux-pc eth1]----------->[HUB]-----> client PCs with DHCP client

and every thing is working

now see the diagram below
=====================
240nline -------->[eth0 to dial 240nline linux-pc eth1]-----------> wan2 port of RV042

setting of wan2--> obtain ip automatically

router detects net at wan2 port but can't resolve the net.

router is Linksys RV042

do u think the problem with isp ??

Ricky:
I see that you have enabled to obtain IP info on its own. Are you running dhcp server on Linux machine ?
Most probably you are not and hence I kept asking that have you provided correct gateway and dns info in the router for WAN 2 ie. 24online ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version