Network Troublshooting > General Networking Support in Linux

Samba server gui in Redhat and Samba Server

(1/1)

tuxi:
Hi.
I am here again
This time with samba setting.
I have RH9 running. In that i tried to confiure smb.conf file to share data accross windows network but my Linux box was not visible in windows network. I was able to use windows share using smbmount. Then i used the samba gui came along with Redhat "redhat-config-samba' I set my workgroup through it and then i applied the setting and was able to use linux box share on windows computer. I checked the smb.conf there all changes was normal as i had done earlier but was not able to share linux computer on windows. Now everytime when i want to access linux share on windows I have to run redhat-config-samba->preference->OK then i can access. I am not sure y is this happening after pressing OK.
Well i tried to restart samba from command line by
--- Code: ---smbd restart
--- End code ---
but still not able to access the linux box on windows then againg i do redhat-config-samba->preference->OK then I can.
Can anybody tell me where i m  doing wrong or wht i am not able to understand here ?\

Thank you!

dragoncity99:
I used /etc/init.d/smb restart to restart

Well, u can check u samba configuration whether it has errors in the config or not by typing: testparm

My advice is try to run ur samba stuffs in text mode rather than GUI.

Type "setup" in command line to and goto "System Services", check if the smbd service is started or not during runtime.

r00tpig:
http://www.samba.netfirms.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version