Linux Software > Linux Installation Support

Need a little help with a dual boot

<< < (2/2)

eyelevel:
I booted xp with a boot disk and reinstalled the windows mbr, BUT OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY SECOND HARD DRIVE IS REPORTING NO DATA WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It says the hard drive has not been formatted, and it asks if I would like to do so now!!!!  I had alot of important data on that drive.  Is there anyway I can get it back? Without having to pay someone to do it for me.

dalek:
Windoze can't read Linux partitions so don't worry, it is likely still there.  You just need to get that bootloader back on the drive so you can boot Linux.

I have not ever used SuSE before but you should be able to install the bootloader from the install CD just like you did before, only correctly this time.

Hope that helps a little.

Later

:D  :D  :D  :D

eyelevel:
I know windows cant read the linux partition but I also have a 60gb partition for media(music,movies,software) that is formatted ntfs style. But windows doesnt pick it up. I told suse to use a 10gb partition(hdb6) which is where redhat9 use to be. But its like suse tried to use the whole disk. I ran a file recovery program, which is taking forever(1 hour=5%done), but it is recognizing all my old files so I guess this is what I need to do for now.

Ricky:
You are saying that Suse has taken all the partition ie.. whole disk.. ya this could be the condition here.. I think you forgot to tell suse that use only the earlier linux partitions.. May be you have done the mistake..
Now say prayer that your old data get back to u!!
Then try to install Susu or any other linux distro..with peace ie. without hurry!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version