Hardware Troubleshooting in Linux > Linux Audio Support

Not able to hear sound when playing audio cds

(1/2) > >>

christopher_1:
Hi,

I am using RH9, when i insert a audio cd the CD player starts automatically and it shows the track being played but i am not able to hear any sound, i tried increasing the volume bar but i could not hear anything.

I am able to hear system sounds and events, and even play movies with mplayer with sound, only with this CD player i am not getting any sound.

I have even kept the system master volume to maximum, what else could be the problem, when i am able to hear sounds using xmms,mplayer etc.

Please help me i am not able to play any audio cds.

Thanks,
Christopher.

aktiwari4u:
if its a new installation then check may be sound may be mute .

christopher_1:
Hi,

I am able to hear the sound when i use xmms to play mp3 files on my harddrive and also i am getting the sound when playing vcd using mplayer. I dont see a sound mute option in audio CD player. Which sound option did u mean?

Thanks,
Christopher.

christopher_1:
Hello,

I tried using xmms player to play audio cd's but still i am not able to hear any sound , it shows that the track is been played but i dont hear any sound. I seems strange because i am able to hear sound while playing mp3 files using xmms and also i am able to hear sound while video cd using mplayer.

I also tried various audio cds but with no success, and i am able to hear the sound when i play these audio cds in windows XP.

gauravbajaj:
Hi

It  may be possible that the needed Plugins are not installed,Just install the required XMMS plugins from

http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/downloads.php

Gaurav

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version