March 29, 2024, 03:00:03 PM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Problem about my password it all way chang it self ?  (Read 2564 times)

Offline sothy

• Linux Learner
Problem about my password it all way chang it self ?
« on: May 06, 2006, 04:24:04 AM »
Dear All

Now day i have done with squid+transparency it working fine but i had meet a problem just few days about my password it chang by it self or i dont know that my security it not enought for my server that have some one try to hack . So if you ever meet this problem like me could you pleased tell me the way to sovle it . Example like on Monday i have put my password 123456 for Root Password but after four days it chang to other that i can't login to my server so i can't log in and can't do any thing ........So i dont know what the problem  with my server about password ..............

Regard

Sothy

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 07:04:48 PM »
I guess your linux password is not changing itself.. (b'z it can never). You have really chosen a very weak password. I suggest to for combination of nos and alphabates and then see if it again happens (also don't write password anyware in notebook or phone / PDA etc.  <--- Just to make sure that no one is able see it from there) .

Offline sothy

• Linux Learner
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 01:42:41 AM »
Dear Sir

Thank Ricky for your reason that you told me i think maybe like you said that my password maybe weak and i will do it again but about the reason that you tell me dont put in Note Book or PDA i never do like this
all Admin password it know only me nobody know about this password.....
ok Ricky if i have some problem about passwd i will contact with you again .

Regard
Sothy