March 28, 2024, 09:26:20 AM

News : LinuxSolved.com Linux Help Community Forum..

Author Topic: Remote login as locally  (Read 2961 times)

Offline ilias

• Linux Learner
Remote login as locally
« on: March 01, 2006, 05:19:37 AM »
Hi all

I have an application on a RedHat server which only runs when i log on to the server locally. As i used to do lot of work remotely using putty or some tools, when i restart/ start the server, i physically has to go there to log in.

I there any way through remotely i can log on to server as i used to locally to start the application.

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Remote login as locally
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 11:28:03 AM »
Ilias.. as far as I know, when a linux machin is started you can access it remotely without physically being there, all you need to make sure is that the machine has all appropriate services started and properly configured, like SSH.

Offline ilias

• Linux Learner
Remote login as locally
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 10:36:38 AM »
Hi ricky

Tks for the reply,  My SSH is working fine i don't have any complaints on it, i am able to do all things which i can do it locally except a particular scenario When we restart the server, the login dialog appears until r unless i login locally i am not able to run ERP  application even though i have login remotely.

So i have to login locally by sitting remotely through putty, so that i can send the login information like user name and passwd through putty to login like locally.

like we use to send <ctl>+<alt>+<del> through terminal service/VNC in windows.

Offline Ricky

• LST CareTaker
  • Specially Skilled
Remote login as locally
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 07:17:47 PM »
Are u sure your ERP service is started during boot ?
Well. when you log in remotely then you don't have to login physically (the physical login screen will always be there) !